I'm really thrilled in an odd kind of way, perhaps, for a woman of my age, but I've been tagged by fellow blogger purlyshells to divulge 6 secrets about myself. So what don't you know? Well, probably pretty much, but here goes...
1. I love to be part of the group! Which I guess explains why I'm thrilled to be tagged to do this little blogging exercise. There is a down side to this little characteristic, in that I tend to be a people pleaser, putting myself at the end of the line, but that's another topic. But to paraphrase Sally Fields from her Oscar acceptance years ago, "You like me!" OK, you don't really even know me, but that's beside the point. :)
2. I love maps! I have loved poring over maps since I was a little girl, and about 8 years ago, I earned my Associate's Degree in Geography. I hadn't really intended to get the degree, but just wanted to see if I liked going back to school enough to get my Master's. (I already have a Bachelor's degree in psychology.) Well, never got the master's, but got the Associate's.
3. I've lived in Prague. From 1993-1998, Roland and I and the kids packed everything up and the cat, and moved to Prague. Roland worked for an American law firm, and I held down the fort, managing the kids, the navigating, and the shopping. I spoke Czech very badly, but could make myself understood. Scary at times, but 110% rewarding. I recommend living out of the United States, for at least a short time, for every American citizen. Dobry den!
4. I've won ribbons for smocking at the State Fair of Texas. One was an Honorable Mention, and one was Third Place, as I recall.
5. I attended an elementary school reunion last month. It was held the same day as my 30th high school reunion. Sounds kind of strange, and while I had not seen this group of people in at least 30 years, and probably longer, we all reconnected, and had a great time.
6. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and while I have been fortunate to not have had this disease, like many people, my life has been touched by those women who have. In 2000, in honor of my turning 40 that year, I walked 60 miles in the Avon Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk, from Frederick, Maryland to Washington, DC. It was one of the most meaningful events that I have ever participated in.
And now, tag!, you're it...
the gaudy goddess
Bead Flora and Jewels
Sleepy Mama Times
Rainy Day Art
Tulip's Treasure Box
Melbourne Two-Day Dressmaking Course
1 week ago