Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 24, 2009

My Dream Space

This month's blog carnival topics had to do with either gardening (try very hard not to do any of this... love flowers... hate the gardening) or my dream space for working. I have decided to share my dream space, and while I did a post on this last year, I do have some new readers.

I have to confess that I'm a lucky girl and already have my dream space! The only thing that could make it better would be more windows, but since I'm in a walkout basement that won't ever happen. So, what does my space look like? Here's a photo of the sewing area:



It looks a little different right now because I've moved the printer on the right to a spot next to our family desktop computer to make it network friendly. If you were standing there looking at the sewing machine, and turned around, you would see a queen size bed. This room doubles as a guest room. It also has a TV which is nice to have on while I'm sewing, though I usually sew in silence.



Ok. Now you're looking at the sewing machine again and you see a door that leads into the space you see above. It's a large area with a concrete floor, and lots of storage shelves for the house. I've basically taken it over, laid some carpet remnants and built this awesome craft table. You can read about how it's made by clicking here.

I did discover that the plastic bins you see on the left didn't really work as fabric storage, and I'm in the process of revamping that system. I've sorted and folded by fabrics by color, and once I'm done I'll post a picture of how it looks now.

So, like I said, windows would be nice, but nobody bothers me down here, and I really have lots of space, so I can't complain!


1 comment:

RainyDayArt said...

looks like a very nice space with some great storage!