Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 07, 2008

I'm Working On...

Blog Carnival time again, and I've decided to share what I've been working on. It seems like my sewing machine is always humming, and I've had several custom apron orders through Down the Street. When I'm not making those, I've mostly been working on coasters for Elle Quilts! I've got two styles, one with a no slip, waterproof base, and the other I'm calling Coffee Mug Coasters, which are reversible. They would make great gifts!



The other thing that I've had on the back burner, and is just in the planning stages, is a table runner that I'm making from a Charm Pack of squares from the Winter fabric line from Moda Fabrics. I love these fabrics, Moda in general, but the Winter line in particular. The traditional reds and greens are there, but so is a pretty, light blue. I've just laid them out in the picture, and the order is definitely subject to change, probably several times, before I finally sew them together. I'm hoping to get this finished this weekend.



It's great to actually look at the picture and seem how the colors play against each other. I can already see some squares I'm going to move around before they get sewn together.

6 comments:

13moons said...

Cute coasters...like little quilt squares.

Anita

Anonymous said...

Great to see how busy you are.

KilaRohner.com said...

Love all the coasters and different patterns-especially the warm fall colors. The non-slip ones are great too!

Kim Caro said...

carnival time is crazy! i have one on sunday.

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

The light blue fits just fine with the reds and greens...this is a nice combo for a quilted item!

Shell Mitchell said...

those are the cutest coasters:)