Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Needle vs. Safety Pin

Have you ever been backing up and heard a sickening crunch? The sound that makes you curse... out loud unless there are kids in the car. I heard it today while I was sewing! Immediately everything came to a screeching halt. I had been quilting with my BSR (Bernina stitch regulator foot) on, and was blithely meandering along when the crunch happened. The quilt in question had been basted with safety pins.

The needle was pulled out of the machine, and I could see that I had hit the safety pin. As I disentangled the thread and metal, I realized that the needle had won! It had gone cleanly and completely through the head of the safety pin!



Here's a peek at the quilt. It's lap size, and has been a lot of fun quilting in spite of the needle/safety pin battle. And now, I've run out of thread. This is the largest quilt I've made in the long time, and the largest one I've ever machine quilted, and I'm pretty pleased with the way it's turning out. I hope to have it in the shop by the end of the weekend.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow gorgeous. You must have a better sewing machine than mine - mine doesn't like big stuff at all. And hooray for the victor!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

YIKES about the needle!! The quilt is fabulous!

Laura said...

I love how the battle took place between "peace" and "home". I actually laughed out loud.

Unknown said...

That is great that the needle won! On any other day the needle would be broken or bent. The quilt is looking great!

Jen B. said...

That's crazy, what brand machine is it??? :]

Ellen said...

It's a Bernina... aurora 440