It has finally happened. I made a sale! There it is over there... the little red bag. Cute, huh? Totally excited. I know I should just take it all in stride, so I will ... the next time. This first one, well, I printed all the orders, payments, etc. Maybe over printed, gotta save a tree here and there. I also need a system for packing, printing the shipping label, etc. After waiting almost 3 months I had, well, not really given up, but decided it might jinx it if I got too organized. Not really particularly businesslike, I realize. Maybe even a little superstitious. So, I will set up a system. One sale, does not an empire build, however, so I think I have a little time.
In the meantime, the smocking progresses. One smocked dress has already been listed, but the design took way too long to be profitable. Back to the drawing board, and now I've designed a halter style dress with smocking only on the front. The prototype is almost finished, and I hope to have a completed dress by the end of the weekend. The one in the picture, currently listed. The smocking goes all the way around (but the flowers are only on the front).