Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Dinner Party for 18: 2 Days to Go

Today was the day to be serious about the whole festive party thing! OK, maybe a few days late, but better late than never. I got so much done because of the first thing I did today... I made a list. I KNOW! What a great idea! And it works!

I didn't manage to cross off everything, but almost, and did get the important things done. Did the laundry. Not really party-related, but Thursday is my regular laundry day and the hamper was overflowing. Did the grocery shopping, and got everything except the extreme perishables (i.e., flowers, salad, strawberries). Those will be on Roland's list Saturday.

Make ahead food for today included toasting the pecans for the salad. I do it in a dry saute pan on medium to medium high heat, and just keep stirring until they appear to be the right color. Doesn't take long, and watching closely is a must. Prepared the marinated cheese. I bought a goat cheese gouda, and the marinade is olive oil, champagne vinegar, black peppercorns, garlic slices and thyme sprigs. Very quick and easy.



So, the picture isn't the cheese that I made and you can tell that from the rosemary and not thyme, right? Right! But it will look pretty much like this, and I wanted you all to have a picture.

The most exciting thing I did... made the big centerpiece for the big table. No picture yet, but I think tomorrow's post will just be pictures. The tables will be set, all the decorations made except the floral arrangements, and the house will be ready. That will leave the final cooking on Saturday, and picking up the last minute things on Saturday. Oh, and the chimney guy, weather permitting. Leaky chimneys. Yep, never a dull moment.

1 comment:

Nora said...

super nice article,very informative!