Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Serging, Bowling and Other Thoughts

I love my new serger. OK, it took me at least 30 minutes to thread the first time, but hey, it's complicated. I don't know why I didn't buy one sooner, but now that I've got one I'm thrilled.

I went bowling last night with the wives' group I belong to (our husbands all work at the same place). I had my highest score ever... 162... with 4 strikes in one game! That has never happened to me. It was downhill from there, with a 107 on the next game, and a more expected score of 86 on the last. Oh, well, it was fun anyway, and my arm is actually not that sore.

I haven't done much cooking the last couple of nights, but Thursday night's "double duty" salmon patties were a modest hit. After complaining that he didn't really like salmon at all, Roland actually ate 3 of the patties, claiming hunger. Changes I made to Rachel's recipe... only a couple of drops of Tabasco (instead of a whole teaspoon), and they were plenty spicy, and I just pan fried them in about a tablespoon of oil (once around the pan as she says) instead of frying them in an inch of oil. AND I made them, and the salad that accompanied in 40 minutes. I'll start up again with my 30 minutes meal journey either tonight or tomorrow.

Friday night Roland and I went out. I spent all afternoon in the car driving to Athens and back. I picked up Laura's boyfriend at the ATL airport, and promptly got caught in one of those shut down the interstate kind of backups. It took us 3-1/2 hours to get to Athens, though once clear of the backup we did take a short detour to pick up Laura's clarinet in Norcross. Anthony was actually pretty chatty. Maybe he was just scared being trapped with his girlfriend's mother for that long. The drive home only took a more customary 1-1/2 hours, but I was in no mood to cook.

Well, I'm off to do more sewing and serging...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very excited about the serger. I would like to see it and all your beautiful creations. If you heard a loud thud today it was me falling off the nutritional diet..... I looked through my recipes and decided to combine an italian cream cake with a custard filling. It was to die for and I may die I am so full. yourpal, Lisa T